We will facilitate guest in various activities i.e. playing different games, making handwriting, sketching art, socializing process, singing rhymes and songs and many more child-friendly activities with the children. Our volunteers create activities that encourage assisting and educating the teachers on various issues such as basic health & hygiene.
|Start Dates:||1st and 15th of each month|
|Language Requirements:||English (Basic Nepali is provided)|
|Food and Accommodation:||Nepali Standard at host family in the working community|
|Key Activities:||Organizing creative and child-friendly activities, teaching, arts, rhymes, socializing, games, excursions etc.|
|Beneficiaries:||Children, local volunteers, teachers, parents, external volunteers|
|Working Hours:||4 to 5 hours a day|
|Reqd. Qualifications & Skills:||Various skills related to children and the desire to happy with them|
|Project Location:||Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Parbat, Dolakha etc.(Possible according to your choice)|
|Terminal:||Kathmandu, Nepal-Tribhuvan International Airport|
|Benefit:||Unexpected experience, observe natural beauty, cultural exchange, appreciation letter, Knowledge exchange, good friendship & so on.|
What can a volunteer do at these canters?
• Assist local teachers in their daily roles.
• Teach children different motor and kinesthetic skills.
• Play games and rhymes with children.
• Provide child care support.
• Create resources for the children.
• Take children on excursions.
• Do a variety of other activities
• Changing knowledge and behavior of children aged 3-5 on CCD and hygiene.
• All children from VCN’s working catchments of 3 to 5 years of age attend CCD programs.
• Strengthened management capacity of Management Committee of CCDs, demonstrating an increased accountability mechanism towards CCD stakeholders.
• Increased knowledge and practical experience of CCD teachers on Child-Friendly Teaching & Learning Approaches.
• CCD Curriculum and guidelines for CCD teachers developed and implemented.
• Raising awareness of parents of 3-5 years old on developmental needs of children in their early years and practices to address, achieved through orientation briefings and mass awareness raising campaigns.
• Supporting school/ community-based CCDs to strengthen their management and resource-oriented skills for autonomous functioning by 2012.
• Training of CCD teachers on CCD teaching (basic to advanced level) and development of local materials.
• Training of CCD Management Committees on how to manage CCD canters effectively.
• Designing a standard format of guidelines and CCD activities applicable to all VCN facilitate CCD s and ensuring its implementation as well
as monitoring its progress